India Electric Power Sector Report 2018-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2018
Available in: English
India’s electric power sector, comprising generation, transmission and distribution, is a key enabler of the country’s economic growth. Globally, India is the third-largest producer of power, after China and the US. Total electricity generation reached 1,307 TWh in FY2018. India also ranks fifth-largest in terms of installed power generating capacity, posting 344GW as of March 31, 2018. Additionally, the country is the world’s third-largest consumer of power. Thermal, renewable, hydro and nuclear accounted for 64.8%, 20.1%, 13.2%, and 2% of total installed capacity respectively in FY2018. There has been a discernible shift in power generation focus away from fossil fuels towards greener and more sustainable sources of energy, particularly towards renewable sources of power.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: