India Food and Beverage Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2017
Available in: English
India is one of the global leaders in the food and beverage industry, with prominent positions in the production of dairy, meat products, refined sugar and spirits. The gross value added (GVA) of the food and beverage sector expanded at a CAGR of 4.8% over FY2013-2016, driven by a plentiful supply of inputs, positive demographic trends, ongoing urbanisation, rising household incomes, an expansion of modern retail formats and a shift of consumer preferences towards a protein-rich diet and healthy food. The food and beverage industry was the fifth-largest sector in manufacturing – and the leader in terms of employment generation. Although the bulk of foods and beverages manufactured in India is consumed domestically, exports are rising steadily, reaching USD 5.8bn in FY2016. Thanks to the entry of multinational companies and their expansion on the market, India is rapidly becoming a production hub for processed foods, which are exported to countries in South Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: