India Food and Beverage Sector Report 2021/2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
India is one of the world’s most significant food and beverage producers and has a substantial share of the global export markets in various categories, including rice, sugar, eggs, and beef (buffalo meat). Nevertheless, India’s food and beverage sector continues to show considerable growth potential, as a sizable proportion of India’s production capacity is operated by the unorganised sector of the economy, which has limited economies of scale and technological capability. India’s food and beverage sector benefits from supportive demographic trends, including rising affluence due to the country’s economic growth over the past few decades, and a young population displaying a greater affinity for spending when compared with their price-conscious predecessors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: