India ICT Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
Indian ICT is a dynamic sector which both shapes customer needs and reflects the country’s fastchanging demographic and social situation. More affordable smartphones and falling voice and data service prices have catered to this group’s need to be mobile but stay connected. Online banking, retail, and parcel deliveries have been among the many sectors to benefit from the dramatic surge in demand for mobile services, which has been accompanied by a gradual decline in fixed-line telephony. IT services, part of the ICT sector, are a top Indian export and the largest private employer in the country. The sector depends on high-quality infrastructure, which the government has been helping to build. The ICT sector faces some structural challenges such as the delay in the launch of 5G, high license fees and spectrum charges, and corporate debt.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in India.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: