India Metal Processing Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
The Indian metal processing sector is highly developed, reflecting the country’s rich mineral resource base. The industry’s competitiveness is increased by the presence of global players among the Indian metal companies. Metal products account for more than 2% of India’s overall gross value added (GVA), and a claimed 9.3% of total goods and services exports. Sector imports claimed an 11% share in goods and services imports in FY2017. In 2016, India was the fourth-largest primary aluminium producer in the world, contributing 5% of global output. The country accounted for 4.7% of global refined lead production and the third-largest slab zinc producer with a 5.5% share of global output.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the metal processing sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the metal processing sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. iron and steel, non-ferrous metals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: