India Metal Processing Sector Report 2019-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2019
Available in: English
The Indian metal processing sector enjoys solid foundations for growth, stemming from the industrialised economy and the abundant metallic mineral resources. Still, the sector accounts for less than 2% of the economy in terms of GVA at current prices and claims a share of about 10% in the manufacturing industry. India is a net non-ferrous metals importing country running an annualised deficit of INR 1.8tn, according to the latest official data for FY2018. This is largely due to the negative foreign trade gap on the gold account as India is the second-largest gold market in the world. In addition, the country ranked fourth both in terms of aluminium smelter production and production of refined lead.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the metal processing sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the metal processing sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. iron and steel, non-ferrous metals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: