India Metal Processing Sector Report 2020-2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2020
Available in: English
The metal-processing sector takes a small share in the national economy. With an approximate 2% contribution to the aggregate GVA and 12% to domestic manufacturing, the sector has plenty of room for future growth. India is 100% self-sufficient in aluminium, zinc and iron, and to a large extent is sufficient in lead. However, India imports gold and silver to the tune of INR 2.6tn (FY2019 data) as domestic production meets about 1% of consumption in what is the second-largest gold market in the world. In CY2019, the country emerged as the second-largest aluminium smelter producer (a 6% share), and ranked third in terms of slab zinc output with 5.8% of global production volumes. The metal-processing companies are global players with investments in production assets abroad.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the metal processing sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the metal processing sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. iron and steel, non-ferrous metals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: