India Mining Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
India has abundant mineral resources and is a leading global producer of many minerals. In 2017, the country ranked as the world’s fifth-largest iron ore, fourth-largest coal, and third-largest chromium producer. The country also occupies leading positions in the production of bauxite, manganese ore, and barytes, as well as of talc, steatite and pyrophyllite. The mining sector accounted for about 2.5% of country’s nominal GVA in FY2018 and for 14% of its overall exports and 30% of total imports. In value terms, total mineral production amounted in FY2018 to INR 2.5tn, of which INR 1.9tn was for fuel minerals, INR 504bn for metallic minerals, and INR 82bn for non-metallic minerals production. The country is self-sufficient in bauxite, chromite, graphite, iron ore, limestone and magnesite.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: