India Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2021/2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
India is a world leader in the production and export of generic pharmaceuticals, accounting for approximately 20% of the global volume of generic drug sales. Despite its export markets success, India’s pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector remains at an early stage of development. India’s healthcare services industry is perennially under-resourced. India has one of the lowest hospital bed-to-population ratios globally, and the country also scores poorly on most healthcare system sufficiency measures. India also has a dual public-private healthcare system in which patients shoulder most of the burden of healthcare costs. Raising healthcare capacity and improving Indians’ access to medical care remain crucial priorities for the Indian government.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for India . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: