India Real Estate Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2018
Available in: English
The Indian real estate industry, which currently accounts for 5.2% of the Asia-Pacific real estate market and 5-6% of India’s GDP, has a huge multiplier effect on the economy, and is poised to account for around 13% of GDP by 2028. It is the second-largest employer (after agriculture) and is expected to grow by 30% over the next decade. In terms of inward FDI, construction is the fourth-largest sector and is projected to receive USD 25bn by FY2022. Due to the short-term disruptive effects of changes in real estate laws and other policy changes, the real estate industry witnessed a considerable slowdown in 2017. However, in 2018, this industry is experiencing a gradual recovery, which is expected to gain traction in the second half of the calendar year, as the Indian economy continues to expand – driven by the strong performance of the manufacturing and services sectors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the real estate sector for India . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the real estate sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on floor space, sales, vacancy rates and rents for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, office, commercial/retail and industrial).
See below for a complete table of report contents: