India Renewable Energy Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
India reported installed capacity from renewable energy sources as 77,641.63 MW in FY2019. The renewable energy installed capacity was 21.8% of total utility capacity. There is high demand for electricity in India and, with the growth in capacity from all electricity generation sources, the deficit between India’s electricity requirement and consumption has reduced from -3.6% in FY2015 to -0.6% in FY2019. Renewable energy capacity grew at a CAGR of 18.81% between FY2015 and FY2019. Of the total renewable energy sources installed capacity in FY2019, a total 45.9% is from wind power, 36.3% is from solar energy, 11.9% is from both biomass power and waste-to-energy and 5.9% is from small hydropower.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: