India Software, IT and Outsourcing Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
India’s IT industry consists of IT services and Hardware and Business Process Management (BPM). Ecommerce has been part of the BPM segment of this industry since FY2013. The IT-BPM sector is largely export-driven. Software accounted for 74.5% of India’s total electronics and IT production in FY2018, and some 83% of the software developed in India in FY2018 was exported. Some 200 of India’s 17,000+ IT-BPM companies work in 80 countries across the world, providing services to one-third of the Fortune 500 companies. IT-BPM ranks second in terms of attracted FDI into India and is the largest private-sector employer in the country. The disruptive effect of technology on life and business will require most IT-BPM employees to acquire new skills in the future, blurring the distinction between IT and BPM services in the country.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the software, IT and outsourcing sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the software, IT and outsourcing sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on demand and services availability for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. software, IT services, outsourcing, and business project management).
See below for a complete table of report contents: