India Steel Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2018
Available in: English
The Indian steel industry contributes around 2% of the country GDP and employs some 500,000 people directly and about 2mn indirectly. The Indian government sees the steel sector as strategically important and as a foundation for rapid industrial development. According to the Ministry of Steel, the steel industry has an output multiplier effect of nearly 1.4 on GDP, and an employment multiplier factor of 6.8. The sector has taken advantage of the country’s abundance of iron ore reserves, its cheap but qualified labour force, and government support policies. As a result, India is close to
becoming the second-largest crude steel producer after China, outpacing Japan. In FY2017, India became a net exporter of iron and steel, in both volume and value terms, as local companies ramped
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the steel sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the steel sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: