India Steel Sector Report 2020 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2020
Available in: English
Crude steel production recorded a major q/q decline of 37.2% in Q1 FY2021 as compared to a decline of 1.2% in the previous quarter. The production of steelmaker Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd declined the most, by 53.5% q/q, followed by Steel Authority of India Ltd, whose production declined by 42.6% q/q. Jindal Steel Power Ltd recorded a jump of 8.3% q/q in its crude steel production in Q1 FY2021. Pig iron production dropped by 35.96% q/q and by 53.81% y/y in Q1 FY2021, to 876 thou tonnes. Sponge iron production declined q/q by 41.06% and y/y by 40.85% in Q1 FY2021. Production of finished steel dropped by 50.31% in Q1 FY2021 as compared to the previous quarter. Steel Authority of India Limited accounted for the highest share, of 33.8%, followed by Tata Steel Limited with 23.21% in Q1 FY2021.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the steel sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the steel sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: