India Steel Sector Report 2021 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
The steel sector is the backbone of India’s economic development as steel is an essential input in other sectors. India’s steel industry has been undergoing modernisation for decades. The rapid rise in steel production made India the 2nd-largest producer of crude steel in 2018 and 2019, up from being 3rd-largest in 2017. The country was the largest producer of sponge iron in the world and ranked 3rd-largest finished steel consumer globally after China and the U.S. in 2019. The steel sector of India contributes around 2% to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country, and employs over 600,000. The government of India has been working on various fronts to make the Indian steel sector competitive at the global level.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the steel sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the steel sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: