India Textile Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2018
Available in: English
India’s textile sector is the country’s oldest manufacturing industry. Textile and apparel contributed 4% to India’s GDP, 14% to industrial production, and 13% to exports in FY2017. Textiles is second only to agriculture in employment generation. The sector is dominated by cotton, which claims a share of over 65% of the total mill fibre consumption in the country. India accounts for about 14% of the global production of textile fibre and yarns, and is the second-largest producer, after India, of man-made fibre and filament. India’s textile and apparel sector is fragmented, with few large companies, and a dominant share of small, independent, and often unorganised players. The sector, which supplies fabrics and garments to leading global brands, is driven by India’s strengthening middle class whose taste for Western clothing has only recently eclipsed the sales performance of traditional dress.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the textile sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the textile sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
See below for a complete table of report contents: