India Textile Sector Report 2019-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
India’s textile sector is the country’s oldest manufacturing industry. Textiles and apparel contributed 2.1% of India’s GDP, 12.65% of its manufacturing, and 12% of its exports in FY2018. Textiles is second only to agriculture in employment generation. The sector is dominated by cotton and is the second largest producer, after China, of man-made fibre and filament. India’s textile and apparel sector is fragmented, with few large companies, and a predominant share in the hands of small, independent, and often unorganised players. The sector, which supplies fabrics and garments to leading global brands, is driven by India’s strengthening middle class, whose taste for Western clothing has only recently eclipsed the sales performance of traditional dress.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the textile sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the textile sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
See below for a complete table of report contents: