India Textile Sector Report 2021/2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
India has traditionally been a major producer of textiles. Textiles manufacturing in the country is dominated by cotton. The textiles and apparel industry contributes 2.3% to India's GDP and accounts for 13% of industrial production, and 12% of the country's export earnings. As of FY2020, the sector provided employment to around 45mn people, which is expected to grow in the coming years as a result of the huge demand for textile and apparel in both the domestic and the international markets, the favorable demographic trends and supportive government policies. The competitive landscape of the sector is fragmented, with a few large players and many small players, comprising the sector’s large unorganized segment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the textile sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the textile sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
See below for a complete table of report contents: