India Textiles Sector Report 2022-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2021
Available in: English
The textile sector is one of the oldest industries of India. The textile industry ranges from traditional hand weaving to technical textiles and modern textiles mills. India is the third-largest exporter of textile, with a 4.5% share in the world textile exports in 2020. The sector has strong linkages with the agriculture sector because it relies on agriculture for its raw materials. The textile sector is supported by the presence of abundant raw material and an ample manufacturing base in the country. The textiles and apparel industry contributes 2.3% to the country’s GDP, 13% to industrial production, and 12% to exports of India. The market size of the textile industry is expected to reach USD 190bn by FY2026.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the textile sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the textile sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India.
See below for a complete table of report contents: