India Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2018
Available in: English
As the largest contributor to the growth of the services sector in India, travel and tourism has tremendous potential for development. It plays a significant role in India’s economy, directly contributing 3.6% to its GDP in 2017 and directly supporting more than 26mn jobs, or 5% of total employment as of the same year. Travel and tourism therefore receives considerable attention from the Indian government, which works actively to develop the required tourism infrastructure and skilled workforce, and to promote India as a high-end tourism destination through various campaigns and initiatives.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger traffic for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accomodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: