India Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
Indonesia’s tourism industry is an important driver of economic growth, job creation and foreign exchange income. The total contribution of travel and tourism to the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) stood at 6% in 2018, according to data provided by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). The sector directly and indirectly employed some 13mn people in 2018, the equivalent of 10.3% of total workforce. Even so, Indonesia scores low in global rankings, taking a mere 3.2% of global tourism receipts in 2018 and attracting 3.9% of global tourist arrivals. That is despite the fact that Indonesia attracted a record 15.8mn foreign tourists in 2018. The overall travel and tourism spending increased by 9.2% y/y to an estimated IDR 509.7tn in 2018.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger traffic for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accomodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: