India Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2020
Available in: English
India’s tourism sector has witnessed remarkable growth over the last couple of decades and has emerged as a key contributor to the country’s economic growth. According to the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), India is among the top ten countries in terms of Travel and Tourism contribution to GDP in 2019. In USD terms, the Travel and Tourism sector accounted for 6.8% of India’s GDP, with a total contribution of USD 194bn. The sector employs over 40mn people, with its total contribution to employment at 8%. Foreign tourist arrivals in the country stood at 10.9mn in 2019, registering a growth of 3.2% y/y. The hotel and tourism sector accounted for 3% of cumulative FDI inflows in USD terms between FY2001 and FY2020.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger traffic for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accomodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: