India Transportation Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
Transportation services and infrastructure are a powerful underpinner of economic growth in India. Rail and road are the dominant passenger carrying services, while water transport is a major player, along with the other two, when it comes to freight. Railway transportation has been losing ground to nimbler ways of transport, with its share in the freight carrying dwindling from 85% of the total freight in FY1951 to 35% in FY2018. India has been working hard on the economic and social cohesion – it achieved a single market in 2017 with the introduction of GST, and has for years been adding and interconnecting transportation infrastructure to increase the operational efficiency of the industry and consolidate its profile globally as a good place for business.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: