Mexico Automotive Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
In 2018, Mexico was the world’s sixth largest vehicle manufacturer, with an output of 4.1mn units, climbing one place compared to 2017. Between 2012 and 2018, domestic vehicle production surged by a cumulative 35.1%, propelled by two factors – increasing exports of light commercial vehicles to the US and a new wave of greenfield investments by multinational automotive companies, mainly carmakers and Tier 1 suppliers, which chose Mexico as their manufacturing and export hub for the entire North American region. However, Mexico has become heavily dependent on the US market, which is expected to enter into correction in 2019. This, coupled with uncertainties surrounding the ratification of the new United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement (USMCA), has prompted the Mexican motor vehicle industry to urgently look for new export destinations.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: