Mexico Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
Mexico is the second-largest economy in Latin America in terms of nominal GDP, and thereby a key consumer market in the region, with a population of over 122.8mn people, as of December 2016. Over the period 2011-2016, the trade sector performed well, with its gross value added expanding at a CAGR of 3.6%, well above the 3% GDP growth in the same period and reaching a share of 16.3% of the country’s GDP in 2016. The trade activity remains concentrated in supermarkets, which generated 38% of total retail sales in 2016, followed by specialised and department stores (32.3%), online retail (15.3%), and shopping centres (14.5%), as per EMIS Insights estimates. In line with global trends, online retail was the most dynamic channel over 2011-2016, expanding its sales five times in real terms.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: