Mexico Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
Mexico is the second largest economy in Latin America in terms of nominal GDP, and thereby a key consumer market in the region, with a population of over 123.4mn people as of December 2017. Over the period 2012-2017, the retail trade sector performed well, with its gross value added expanding at a CAGR of 2.9%, better than the average annual 2.4% GDP growth in the same period and reaching a share of 10% of the country’s GDP in 2017. The retail trade activity remains concentrated in the supermarkets, which generated 30.8% of the total retail sales in 2017, followed by the shopping centres with 28.4%, specialised and department stores with a share of 26.8%, and the online retail with 14% of the sales, as per EMIS Insights estimates. In line with global trends, the online retail was the most dynamic channel over the period 2012-2017, expanding its sales four times in real terms.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: