Mexico Electric Power Sector Report 2018-2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: March 2018
Available in: English
Mexico is a regional leader in electric power generation. Since 2013, when the energy reform was introduced, Mexico is undergoing a major energy transformation. It featured the introduction of a wholesale electricity market, and enabling private foreign and local enterprises to compete in the power generation and trade segments. The transformation of the sector acted as a key incentive for the restructuring of the state-controlled power company Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE). In 2016 CFE assumed a new corporate structure with 13 new subsidiaries and affiliates. The restructuring aims to allow each new entity to specialise and operate at each stage of the electric energy generation and supply processes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: