Mexico Food and Beverage Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2017
Available in: English
The food and beverage industry is among the largest economic sectors in Mexico, accounting for 4.6% of the country's GDP, 2.8% of national exports, 8% of total FDI and 1.5% of formal employment in the country in 2015. Over the period 2010-2016, the gross value added (GVA) of the sector expanded at a CAGR of 2.3%, slightly below the overall GDP growth rate (2.8%). The most dynamic subsector was the beverage industry, whose GVA rose at a CAGR of 4% over this period, whereas the food industry reported a slower growth averaging 1.9% per year. Overall, Mexico records chronic trade surpluses in food and beverages, which reached USD 2.3bn in 2015. However, the main contributor to these was the beverages subsector (exports of USD 4.2bn, mainly beer and tequila), which managed to offset the trade deficits in some food segments, such as dairy products, oils and fats, meat and fish preparations.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org