Mexico Food and Beverage Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2020
Available in: English
Food and beverage manufacturing is among the leading economic sectors in Mexico. In 2019, it accounted for 21% of total manufacturing output value and 4.5% of domestic GDP. The sector attracted USD 2.5bn in foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2019, or 7.4% of total FDI. As one of the key global players in food trade, Mexico has reported historic trade surpluses in food and beverage products. Over the 2015-2019 period, beverage export value expanded at a CAGR of 13.3%, driven by the rising demand for beer and tequila worldwide. The strong performance of food exports, at the same time, was mainly due to butter, edible oils and milk shipments. A total of 986,983 jobs were reported for the sector at end-2019, with the bakery sub-segment being the leading employer. INEGI estimate that there was one traditional bakery store per 2,200 inhabitants as of April 2020.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: