Mexico ICT Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2017
Available in: English
Mexico is home to the second-largest ICT sector in Latin America (after Brazil) in terms of subscriber numbers. Nevertheless, the country presents relatively low penetration rates in the main ICT products and services – such as mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, broadband internet and pay TV. This is largely explained by the high level of income inequality prevailing in the country – Mexico had the second-worst performance on this indicator among OECD countries in 2015. The domestic ICT sector also features high market concentration, with three segments (fixed-line telephony, mobile telephony and fixed broadband) dominated by Mexican telecom group America Movil, while the pay TV market remains under the control of Mexican media and telecom group Televisa.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Mexico.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico.
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: