Mexico Metal Processing Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2017
Available in: English
In 2016, Mexico was the largest producer of direct reduced iron and long steel in Latin America with shares of 78.1% and 34.5% in regional output, respectively. The country was also the second biggest manufacturer of flat steel in Latin America. Moreover, Mexican company Metalurgica Met-Mex Peñoles was the world’s leading producer of refined silver in 2015 with output of 70mn ounces. The metal processing sector accounted for 1.3% of Mexico’s GDP and for 2% of total exports in 2015. In 2010-2015 the exports of metal products declined by an average of 3.8% in value terms, as a result of the downward cycle in international metal commodity prices. Production volume, on the other hand, rose at a CAGR of 1.5% over the period favoured by strong domestic demand, mainly from the construction and automotive sectors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the metal processing sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the metal processing sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and consumption data for the sector in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. iron and steel, non-ferrous metals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: