Mexico Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
Mexico is the second-largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America, after Brazil, with retail drug sales of USD 7.3bn in 2019. The country has a growing and ageing population, multiple but underfunded state-run health insurance systems, and a small but rapidly developing private health insurance system. The COVID-19 pandemic had a heavy toll on the country’s new public health insurance system – operated by the Institute for Wellbeing (INSABI) – which faced several problems, including underfunding, lack of medical equipment and shortages of medical staff. The pandemic also created temporary shortages of pharmaceuticals. This, in combination with the relatively low competition in the domestic wholesale drug market, prompted the government to open the institutional drug market to foreign suppliers and hold international public procurement auctions with the support of the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Mexico . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: