Mexico Transportation Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2017
Available in: English
The transportation sector plays a significant role in the Mexican economy. Besides accounting for about 6% of the country’s GDP and for 5% of the formal employment over the 2011-2015 period, the industry is an important support platform for economic activity generally. In the 2015-2016 Global Competitiveness Report, published by the World Economic Forum (WEF), Mexico ranked 65th out of 140 nations in terms of quality of overall infrastructure, having the fourth-highest score among the countries of Latin America, after Panama, Ecuador, and Chile. Between 2011 and 2015, passenger transportation by air, railways, and waterways expanded at brisk annual average rates of 9.6%, 6.3% and 6%, respectively. Nevertheless, what is typical for Mexico is the overwhelming share of road transport in terms of both passengers and cargo. In 2015, road transport accounted for 96.2% of passenger movement and for 56.1% of the cargo handled in the country.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Mexico. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Mexico
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Mexico
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Mexico
- Ascertain Mexico’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Mexico
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: