Malaysia Agriculture Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
Agriculture plays an important role in the economic and rural development of Malaysia. Commercial crops such as palm oil, rubber, and cocoa are processed into higher value-added products that are the country’s main agricultural exports. Other prominent sectors include paddy cultivation, fruit and vegetable production, and livestock breeding. In contrast to the industrial crops that are usually produced by big estates or plantations, food crops are mostly grown by private smallholders. Plantations are typically owned by private companies, listed public corporations or governmentowned land development agencies.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: