Malaysia Automotive Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2016
Available in: English
Malaysia is the third-largest motor vehicle manufacturer and market in the ASEAN region, behind Thailand and Indonesia. The domestic market is dominated by passenger vehicles, which represented 56.4% of total sales in 2015. Two national brands, Proton and Perodua, are key players in the passenger vehicle segment and are highly dependent on government support. The domestic market is relatively small compared with those of chief regional competitors Indonesia and Thailand. Malaysia’s modest automotive exports have resulted in significant trade deficit both in motor vehicle and auto parts categories.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: