Malaysia Automotive Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
Malaysia is the third largest motor vehicle market in the ASEAN region, after Thailand and Indonesia. Passenger vehicles represented 50.7% and 49.8% of total production and sales, respectively, in 2018. Malaysia has two national brands, Perodua and Proton, which are critical players in the domestic passenger vehicle market. The Malaysian government is currently fostering the development of a third national brand. Besides the local brands, Japanese companies have a large and growing presence in the market – Honda and Toyota ranked second and third in terms of the market share of four-wheeled vehicles in 2018. Malaysia is a net importer of motor vehicles as the industry is less competitive than Thailand, the regional ASEAN motor vehicle export hub.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: