Malaysia Automotive Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
Malaysia is the third-largest motor vehicle manufacturer and market (excluding motorcycles) in the ASEAN region, behind Thailand and Indonesia. The motor vehicle industry (including motorcycles) was dominated by passenger vehicles and motorcycles in 2019. Malaysia has two national brands (Perodua and Proton) which are key players in the domestic passenger vehicle market. The other key players are six Japanese companies. Malaysia has a chronic trade deficit in motor vehicles, unlike neighbouring Thailand, which has consolidated its position as the regional export hub in ASEAN. The rapid spread of the COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative effect on the production and sale volumes of the Malaysian motor vehicle industry in 2020.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: