Malaysia Banking Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
The Malaysian banking sector comprised 54 banks as at the end of 2017. While foreign banks been present in Malaysia from the inception of the modern banking industry in the country, domestic banks have come to dominate the country’s banking sector. Some of Malaysia’s larger domestic banks have even managed to build a formidable presence throughout the ASEAN region. Although Malaysian consumers and businesses have become increasingly leveraged over the years, the banking sector as of 2017 remains robust. This is a consequence of some of the prudential actions taken by the central bank, which has proactively engaged with international regulators to implement regulatory best practices within Malaysia’s banking sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: