Malaysia Chemical Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
The Malaysian chemicals sector is one of the most developed in the ASEAN region. Malaysia is a regionally important petrochemicals producer, and it is also one of the world’s largest producers of oleochemicals. Malaysia’s leading position in these subsectors is due to the abundance of feedstock, in the form of oil and gas fields for petrochemicals and of oil palm plantations for the oleochemicals subsector. Malaysia also produces a wide range of other chemicals, primarily for domestic consumption, except for the plastics product category in which Malaysia is a major exporter. Malaysia’s expertise is in the bulk production of basic chemicals, but the country is aiming to move further up the value chain to producing specialised chemicals.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: