Malaysia Chemical Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
Malaysia is a significant chemicals player within the ASEAN region. Malaysia is one of the largest producers and exporters of petrochemicals in the region, championed by the national oil company – Petroliam Nasional Bhd (“Petronas”) which stewards the country’s oil and gas reserves. Malaysia is also a world leader in the production and export of oleochemicals derived from the country’s vast oil palm plantations. Additionally, Malaysia is also a significant regional exporter of primary plastics. Nevertheless, the country remains a net importer of chemicals in value terms. This is because Malaysia’s exports are generally comprised of cheaper commodity chemicals while the more expensive specialty chemicals needed for domestic consumption tend to be imported.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: