Malaysia Chemical Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
Malaysia has a varied chemicals sector with a significant role in the ASEAN region. Malaysia is one of the region’s most substantial petrochemicals and exporters, thanks to the country’s sizable crude oil and natural gas reserves. Petroliam Nasional Bhd (“Petronas”), the national oil company, is the steward of Malaysia’s oil and gas reserves and is also a significant petrochemicals player. As of the end of December 2020, approximately 5.9mn hectares of arable land in Malaysia is dedicated to oil palm plantations. The ready availability of palm oil and palm kernel oil feedstock means that Malaysia has developed a sizable oleochemicals subsector since the 1990s. Nevertheless, Malaysia is involved mainly in producing commodity chemicals and remains dependent on imported specialty chemicals.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: