Malaysia Consumer Electronics Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
Malaysia has an established manufacturing base for consumer electronics, catering for both local and export demand. The country’s exposure to the global smartphone value chain is mainly in the semiconductor end, especially in outsourced assembly, packaging, and testing, as well as automated test equipment businesses. Malaysia is still an important manufacturing centre for global computer vendors, such as Dell, HP, and Intel. Major audio visual products produced in Malaysia include radios, speakers, and TV sets, and major vendors with a historical presence in the country include Panasonic, Samsung, and Sony. The Malaysian market is small. And being an important manufacturing node in the global consumer electronics supply chain, local manufacturing players are more affected by global demand than domestic demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer electronics sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the consumer electronics sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: