Malaysia Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
Malaysian households increased their spending at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2015 to 2019, suggesting broadly growing domestic demand despite many Malaysian consumers grappling with stagnant wages. Malaysia depends on imported food to feed its population, and this import dependence has contributed to food inflation over the past few years which has seen Malaysian households spending a growing proportion of their take-home pay on food and non-alcoholic beverages. Most Malaysians have access to high-speed Internet and smartphones, and e-commerce has been growing at double-digit rates over the past few years. The COVID-19 pandemic will accelerate the uptake of Internet retail, as consumers will likely have heightened concerns about shopping in public places.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer electronics sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the consumer electronics sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: