Malaysia Food Beverage Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2021
Available in: English
The F&B sector is identified as a fast-growing industry in Malaysia, dominated by small and medium enterprises (SMEs). According to Food and Beverage Industry – Malaysia 2020 report by Flanders Investment and Trade, the F&B sector is very diverse, including cocoa and chocolate products, fishery products, cereals and cereal products, processed fruits and vegetables, confectionery, food ingredients, herbs and spices, beverages, animal feed, and others. Changing consumer needs and digital transformation are amongst the factors contributing to the sector expansion. Domestic, regional, and foreign players make up the F&B sector in Malaysia. Many of the large players are well-established subsidiaries of global F&B companies which take advantage of Malaysia’s well-positioned production hub to increase their exports to the huge Asian markets. F&B players also seek to leverage Malaysia's reputation as a leading halal industry centre to expand their business reach across global halal markets.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: