Malaysia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2016
Available in: English
The Malaysian food and beverage (F&B) industry is a fast-growing industry characterized by a large export market. Malaysia’s most significant F&B exports are in the oils and fats category, particularly palm oil-based products, for which the country is one of the two largest exporters in the world. The F&B industry accounted for approximately 9.8% of Malaysia’s exports in 2015. The country is also heavily dependent on imports of many staples including rice and most meat and seafood for domestic consumption. Food imports accounted for 7.8% of total imports in 2015.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: