Malaysia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
Malaysia has a growing domestic F&B market, driven by a growing population and rising income. The market research company BMI Research estimated the Malaysian F&B market in 2017 – including food sales, alcoholic drinks spending and non-alcoholic drinks sales – at MYR 173.63bn, representing a 9.71% growth from 2016. Malaysia is a net F&B importer; however, it also has a growing F&B export sector. Total F&B exports in 2017 stood at MYR 35.19bn, growing with a CAGR of 9.17% between 2013 and 2017. In general, Malaysia tends to import raw F&B materials due to a lack of local production, and export the processed products. The government aims to develop the country into a global halal F&B hub and has introduced various tax incentives for investments in halal F&B production.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: