Malaysia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
The F&B sector is a pillar of the Malaysian economy, propelled both by robust domestic demand and healthy exports. The country is a regional halal F&B export major which is an additional advantage. The F&B sector has a mixed of local, regional, and international players. Many of the large players are subsidiaries of global F&B companies. Certain segments are dominated by foreign players, such as the carbonated beverage, cereal, and beer segments, while other segments, such as edible oil, bottled water, and juice segments, are dominated by local Malaysian players. Many large F&B players use Malaysia as a production hub for export, notably to the other ASEAN and Muslim markets. Competition in the F&B sector is aggressive, with frequent product launches and aggressive marketing
and promotional campaigns.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: