Malaysia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2020
Available in: English
The F&B sector is one of the high-potential industries in Malaysia, according to the Department of Statistics Malaysia (DOSM). Factors contributing to the industry expansion are economic development, evolution of needs, consumer needs and information and technology revolution. Findings by Statista, a market research firm, revealed that the Malaysian F&B sector might emerge even stronger in the future. Domestic, regional, and foreign players make up the F&B sector in Malaysia. Many of the large players are well-established subsidiaries of global F&B companies which see Malaysia as a strategically positioned production hub for increased exports to the vast Asian markets. In 2019, nine out of Malaysia’s top 10 F&B export destinations were Asian countries. F&B players also seek to leverage Malaysia's reputation as a leading halal industry centre to facilitate their business expansion across global halal markets.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: