Malaysia Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2017
Available in: English
The Malaysian healthcare and pharmaceuticals sector has been growing strongly as a result of factors including one of the highest population growth rates in the ASEAN region, increasing affluence, and growing access to healthcare funding. In healthcare services, Malaysia operates a hybrid public-private system where inadequate healthcare provision in the public system has led to the proliferation of private hospitals, some of which provide international-quality tertiary care. As a result, Malaysia has developed a reputation as a medical tourism destination. Malaysia is a net exporter of medical devices, particularly in the consumables product category. Malaysia is a net importer of pharmaceuticals and is almost wholly reliant on imports to meet its demand for patented drugs.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Malaysia . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: