Malaysia ICT Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2016
Available in: English
The development of the ICT sector in Malaysia has been spearheaded by the Malaysian government since the 1990s, with the vision of developing a knowledge society by 2020. This has meant that the Malaysian government has actively fostered modernisation and investment in the ICT sector, which has led to a modern telecommunications infrastructure, high broadband Internet penetration rates, and a vibrant software and software consultancy services subsector, that serves a broad national and international client base.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: